You’ve started your own business to take control of your destiny, registered the company name, have started trading, and have a business plan (of sorts). Perhaps you’ve already availed of a Start Your Own Business Course from your local LEO or Enterprise Ireland funding.
While an MBA or a fancy executive ed programme would be nice, what you need is leadership skills for your small team now, and you are WiLLing to invest a little in yourself. This venture, this young business you are leading is not only about making money, but also about developing and challenging yourself to lead. (Some buddies to cheer you on would be nice too!)
Find your tribe at WiLL
Accelerate your leadership proficiency and develop your confidence so you can inspire and enable your organization and your team as you guide them towards shared goals, with the WiLL, the leadership development programme for women. How you serve customers is grounded in; your competencies, the kind of leader you want to be, and the vision for your company. What you need is WiLL – a supportive community of women learning to lead.
Core WiLL Principles:
- Positive Leadership Style: learn how to encourage and enable your team to succeed.
- Evidence-Based Leadership: grounded in the evidence of what works for women leaders, and what female entrepreneurs want.
- Workshop-based Modules: this is not ‘class room’ learning. You leave each session with ‘your’ output in hand having used the materials to develop an aspect of your skills or business plans. That may be a risk register for decision-making in uncertainty or a set of competencies you have identified that your company needs next. Each module leaves you with proven tools, tools already used by multinational market leading companies, that you immediately apply immediately and that will serve you in the long-term. Most of your time investment will be in bi-weekly workshops and putting these new tools to work for you.
- Community of Peers: the development of a peer-based support and accountability is built into the programme. The programme will end but your peers, and the relationships you develop, will see you through the trials and triumphs of leading.
- Customized Coaching: We’re all unique and at a different place in the leadership development journey. Participants choose an area to specialise in from a menu of topics for 1-on-1.
- Career Coaching: clarify your priorities and ambition – your most critical resource is yourself.
- Productivity: stay sane, focused and avoid unpleasant surprises
- Self-awareness: awareness of blind-spots avoid tripping over yourself.
- Financial Literacy
- IT Literacy
- Digital Literacy
- Product Development
- Trading Internationally
It takes a village to raise a child. It takes an ecosystem to become a leader.
your team mentors customers suppliers coaches peers supporters competitors partners
Did you know? “Dow Jones VentureSource determined that successful startups have twice as many women in senior positions as unsuccessful companies. (DDI)
Core WiLL Modules
|MnMs – Motivation, Meaning and Markets – The ‘Why’ of Strategy Development|
|Your Strengths & Barriers – You’ll Do It|
|Managing Personal Change Through Accountability – Staying The Course|
“Startups led by women are more likely to survive the transition from startup to established business.” DDI
- Measured Risk Taking – Decision-making In Uncertainty
- 4Ds : Deciding To Delegate / Delete / Do -> How Your Firm Develops
- Taking Charge of Work:Life Boundary – Activating The Village
- The Organized Leader -> Boosting Productivity, Time Management & Finding Time To Think – When
- Enabling Team Productivity – Your Role As Senior Manager
- CnC – Hiring For Capabilities & Competencies
- People Management
- Structuring Your Community of WiLL – Long-term Peer-Based Support aka ‘Find your Tribe’.
- Developing Your Ecosystem – Supportive Relationships & New BBFFs (Business BFFs)
WiLL Programme Structure
- Bi-weekly Half-day Group Workshops over ~20 weeks
- Each session involved implementing with the tools.
- Maximum of 24 Participants
- 2 Self-Selected 1-on-1 Online Mentoring Sessions
- Location: Dublin City Center
- Pricing Guidance: Much less than an MBA more than LEO short course.
WiLL Programme Coaches
Inspired by Gendelity’s mission